We recently collaborated with Western Sydney Uni to create this zesty relish.
If you’ve got an abundance of chillies going wild in your garden, this tasty sauce is great way to use them up, whilst adding some kick to your favourite meals. We especially love this one with avocado and fresh sourdough.
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic
- 10 to 12 fresh red chillies, step trimmed and chopped (thai red chillies if you can get hold of it)
- ½ cup of cashews
- 1 red capsicum coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Add some coriander if you've got it growing
- Place the red capsicum in the oven at 180 degrees and roast for 20 mins or until soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove the capsicum from the oven and blend with remaining ingredients in the blender or food processor until you get a smooth, but still slightly crunchy paste.
- Place in sterilised jar and store in fridge. The sauce should keep for 3-4 weeks.